Thursday, August 5, 2010

Okay, I said I quit Postcrossing temporarily, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't still get mail. So I guess I can't stay away from blogging ;) Yesterday I got a letter from my penpal in Italy. But it wasn't just a typical letter! She has traveled around Europe this summer and sent me lots of different brochures! These are from Slovenia, Austria, Czech Republic, Latvia and Estonia. She also visited Helsinki!


She's a Postcrosser too so of course she sent me some postcards. You can see one another card from her when you click the "Austria" label in my blog - it's such a cool card sent from Vienna. This also means that I got my first postcards from Estonia and Latvia :)


But yeah, here comes the best part: she sent me the latest album from an Italian pop punk band Vanilla Sky!!! I found this band a while ago, I fell in love with their cover of Rihanna's song "Umbrella" but also listened their other songs. I've been struggling with the fact that I can't find their CDs anywhere, especially in Finland, and hardly even from Amazon. This CD was released a month ago and it's a special "Italian version" where half of the songs are in Italian! I gotta admit I haven't got time to listen to this CD so precisely yet - I fell in love with another cover song. The last song on this album is called "Just Dance" and it's a cover of Lady Gaga's song. I don't like Lady Gaga or Rihanna at all, but these covers are just something so perfect!

There's an amazing (and funny!) music video for this song, you can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOeHeDgi4Qo
Also if you haven't heard their cover of Umbrella yet, you can find it right next to that video (it's the one which has been watched over 15 million times), I bet you will like it if you just have some sense of humor! xD

Thanks again Alessia for sending all these!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment